HOW IMPORTANT IS THE RIGHT BALL IN THE GAME OF GOLF?
Golf is a game of skill, precision, strategy, and great equipment choices. Finding the right ball, whether for practice or games, is second only to choosing the best clubs. Experts believe that as many as fifty percent of people are using the wrong type of ball for their game and their swing. Are you one of them? You can find golf balls that can improve your game.
When choosing the right brand of golf ball, it is important to take a look at your game and ask yourself the following:
- Do you need distance? If your long game needs work, a distance ball will help. Keep in mind, though, that you may give up control on the greens. A favorite with golfers is the Callaway Superhot. If you need more control, however, you’ll want a ball with high spin. This won’t get you the distance you can get with a distance-designed ball, but it does offer that precision you need for your short game. Bridgestone offers a mix of styles to help you work on different aspects of your game. Wilson, too, offers balls that can help improve distance while maintaining control on the greens.
- Do you want to improve or lessen trajectory? The dimple designs affect the trajectory of the ball. Large dimples heighten trajectory, while smaller ones lessen it. You may want to consider the Srixon Q-Star.
- Feel. This depends on your playing level. Many pros and low handicap golfers like a ball with a soft feel, such as that offered by the Titleist Pro V1. It trades distance for playability on the greens.
Likewise, a hard ball will help with distance. Many golfers love the Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis The hard balls are also the most durable.
- What type of construction do you want? Most people opt for two-piece golf balls, which are very durable and have high rolling distances. Three-piece balls typically offer more control and higher spin. May we suggest the TaylorMade Project (a).
- What COLOR do you want? If you’re just interested in color golf balls, we HAVE them!
Depending on your skill level, as well as the areas in which you want to improve, your choice of ball will be crucial. Choosing the right golf ball doesn’t have to be difficult: just think about your needs and think about where you can get them!
What’s your next move? Drop in at Bob Allen Golf and give them a test or go online and order your favorite set of golf balls: https://boballengolf.com/collections/golf-balls